Power Rake's

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lx665, Jan 26, 2001.

1. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

I'm going to be buying a new power rake for my skid steer loader. Has anyone used the Landpride Power Rake? I've rented the Harley and was very impressed. The Landpride and Harley look the same. I want to make sure they perform the same.

John

2. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

We've got a Harley, have never tried Landpride. But the name sounds familiar. I'm pretty sure somebody here has used one/owns one.

I love the Harley, too. I just wish there was some kind of scarifier as part of it. I'm planning on buying a scarifier attachment sometime this year, and would have preferred an all-in-one. Paul uses a Preparator, I believe. I don't recall if that also scarifies.

3. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

Looking at the Landpride's ad, it looks like they have a scarifier on the unit. I'm not sure if it comes standard.

John

4. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello,

I've used the landpride and they are also a strong unit. They are right on the same level as the harley is. I used a 6 footer mounter on a L35 kubota, and it worked great. Tractor had plenty of power to pull the rake and windrows right out. Really had to try to stop the thing.

the scarifier is a option, but well worth it for hard soil. It mounts in front of the rake, and is hydraulically raised/lowered. Only problem is, you have to switch the hydro valve from the rake to the scarifier, therefore you can't operate both at once, but there probably is a way to set it up so you can.

steveair

5. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

If you are interested in a Harley, talk to a Bobcat dealer. Just came from Mid Am and Bobcat has the same thing in a skid attach implement. Its identical to a Harley. And they say they are running about $2K less. Thats what they tell me. Landpride equipment has a super rep for reliability.

6. EarthWorks

EarthWorks LawnSite Member

I bought a land Pride last summer. So far no complaints. My guys love it and since it is only one in my area people stop and watch us with it. Mine goes on a skid steer also. I wasn't aware that there is a scarifier attach for it, have to check it out.

7. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Are pretty much identical. We had a harley in Guam but we have a melroe here, I think theres a pic on my site. They work the same, same design, etc.

Great investment saves a lot of your back!!

Good Luck!

8. EarthTech Landscapes

EarthTech Landscapes Guest

I have the melroe bobcat brand landscape rake, it works well, at the same time I bought the landscape rake I also bought the scarfier attachment. These two attachment work well together. I would suggest that you buy both. If you have any more questions please feel free to email me.

9. jkinchla

jkinchla LawnSite Member
    from MA

I just bought a Harley rake for a tractor, and was considering the Land Pride and ATI Preparator. I think the Preparator is well made and perhaps the best one out there because it has a roller wheel on the back instead of guide wheels, and the roller leaves a smoother surface. But the Preparator is pretty expensive and the Harley rake is tried and true, so I went with Harley. Have yet to use it because I just got it in Dec.

10. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I use a harley T-6 behind our ford tractor,it really works great,Ive never had the chance to use a landpride though.