Power raking

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bingham Brothers, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Bingham Brothers

Bingham Brothers LawnSite Member

This is the first year that I have a Walker mower and I used it in my power raking and it blows a lot of thatch out of the box. My process is too run the power raker through the yard- hand rake into piles and pickup and then mow for a final clean and fresh look. I did my first today and it looked great- only problem was the amount of thatch I ate as a result of it blowing out the box on the Walker. Is there a way to prevent this?

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I know on some walkers there is the interchangeable debri screens. They have a larger one and a smaller one. Might you have the larger one in?

3. Bingham Brothers

Bingham Brothers LawnSite Member

I'll check where is the screen? - love my Walker and can't wait to start mowing-- supposed to snow Monday- better put the plow back on!!!

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

When you open the hopper the screen should be at the top. It should just slide right out the back if you need to pull it out. The smallest screen is the standard one so you should already have it on unless it was changed. Even with good collection systems you will have some small debri escape through the ventilation screen, especially when dethatching.