Power Raking

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BKLAWNCARE, Mar 5, 2012.

1. BKLAWNCARE

BKLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

To all LCO with monthly accounts. How do u bill for power raking? For EX if ur customer pay 60.00 dollars a month for 4 cuts in May ,June etc. So in April do u do a power raking and one cut for 60.00. Or do u Charge seperate for power raking and dont cut in April

2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Power raking should be a totally separate job! Its time and energy consuming. I wouldnt power rake 1000 sq ft for $60

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

60 bucks for 4 cuts?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. luis@NJ

luis@NJ LawnSite Senior Member

You have to figure YOUR cost to provide that service. Are you gonna have a worker with you? Do you own your own machine or have to rent one? For example when i power rake or thatch as i call it i do the whole lawn then blow everything to a pile for pic-up. Some new machines have a bagger that picks most of it up. So point is there are a lot of variables to your post. Hope this helps. -Luis

5. luis@NJ

luis@NJ LawnSite Senior Member

Also 4 cuts for $60 bucks? That sounds kinda low I cut 1 lawn that pays $20 a cut buts its tiny! Im in and out by myself in like 15 mins TOPS. Make sure you have a good profit margin on your jobs! it will make the difference if you are around for 1 year or 20 years!! :weightlifter:

6. BKLAWNCARE

BKLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

so everyone is saying dont do power raking to ur regular monthly customer unless they pay extras for it and it not part of the Spring service

7. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I do.it if needs it as part of the spring clean up. Other wise I just clean the place up with a mower and bagger and run the aerator over it. If.its Joe blow dethatch only customer I charge 3x mowing rate. I hate it. It's dirty hot hard work.
    Posted via Mobile Device