Power Raking

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Petr51488, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

How much do you guys charge for power raking? I gave the guy an estimate of 200.00 for the power raking which included 3 hours of labor and a spring clean up. He never called me back. Any reason why?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that seems like a really good price to me

3. Brother1

Brother1 LawnSite Member

Sounds fair to me. Here in NY we charge about that on average for spring cleanups for existing customers who we did fall cleanups for. We clean any leaves or debris that has fallen since the fall and we power rake the lawn areas with a JRCO Tine Rake on our walkbehinds. Than we collect everything the tine rake lifted out of the lawn. But I know there area alot of guys doing things alot cheaper this year. Lawn prices I've been hearing are ridiculous (for the legit guys). So when people tell me they got a guy to cut their lawn for $20 (was for a 12,000 ft lawn) I told them I'd luv to get your business but if that's what you're paying there's no way I can compete with that. Seems like prices are definately dropping here. Can't understand that with prices for gas, materials, insurance, ect. all going up.

4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I had to go out and rent a power rake. I dont usually do them, and so i had to include the 60.00 rental fee.. so i think i gave him a pretty good price..my rate is 45.00 an hour... so i gave him a break. Should i call him back? Or maby he thought that 200.00 is a little to much to give a kid to do their lawn. Just to let u guys no... i do better work than most of the proffesionals around here... and people know that.. but then again maby people are cheap and don't want to keep their lawns clean.