Power seeding pricing in NJ/Lower NY states

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by kenny s, Jun 15, 2008.

1. kenny s

kenny s LawnSite Member

I am new at power seeding/slit seeding and I am in Northern New Jersey. I would like to hear from as many of you who do this service and how you go about pricing the jobs. Do you price by the hour, $$ per 100sq. ft., do you include fert/seed or charge seperately for those? I have gotten a couple of suggestions but I would like to hear from more of you on this service. I want to be competitive and fair to my existing lawn customers, and of course to myself for doing all the work and the expense of buying the machine, which I already have.
    Thank you,
    Ken :confused:

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Around here the going rate is $35-$40 per 1,000sqf which include seed and starter fertilizer.

3. kenny s

kenny s LawnSite Member

Lawnpro724
    Thank you for your input. Are you including cutting the existing grass to 2", core aerating if needed and then power seeding? Are you just quoting a price for power seeding alone with fert & seed Incl?
    Kenny S

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

That price is just for overseeding w/ seed and fertilizer, Aerating is an extra charge. If I'm just going to overseed a lawn I just have the customer scalp his lawn with his own mower a day or two before we show up.

5. kenny s

kenny s LawnSite Member

Okay, thank you for the reply again, that helps me out alot. Thank you again.
    Kenny S

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

NE mass here. We get $.13 per sq ft for seed and fert.With a $100 minimum Arateing is $13.50 per sprinkler zone with a $100 minimum