1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Power stroke

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ax Man, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

My old Dump went in for a valve job (after 183,000 mi.)
    and the dealer loaned me a 2000 stakebed with the powerstroke engine.
    Love that turbo whine!
    I guess I can start saving for a new toy now.
  2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

You won't regret buying a P/S, I have a 2002 P/S and I love the power.
  3. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I sold my 99 model Power stroke and got a 93 model dodge,Cummins power. I could not be happier.
  4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

New toys are the best. I have heard nothing but good things about the P\S. I hope Santa is good to me this year but I don't think it will happen.

5. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

F-350 CC longbed with some aftermarket goodies. A blast to drive and good mpg's to boot.
    Cannot wait for the new 6.0 to come out.:blob2:
  6. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Dennis !!!

Is Green Giant gonna get a brother ??? :D
  7. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

I'd love to! My better half would object I'm sure. She won't drive the GG. She's scared to death of it for some reason.(IMO she thinks the SP is way too loud):rolleyes:

We'll see though. I'm antsy waiting for delivery of the new 6.0 to our local dealer here.

My next hurdle with the GG is to convince her that the SCMT is much better than the PPIII. Got any ideas?;)
    (Oh yeah,tri-pillar guages and a bigger downpipe too)
  8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

The 6.0 PSD is supposed to be a beast,pickuptruck.com 's review is impressive to say the least.any diesel with turbo whine is a beautiful thing.
  9. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

It's all in the name of business efficiency !! :D

The SCMT and the bigger downpipe will provide better mileage, tow the trailer better, keeping the EGT's cooler..."We don't want to have to spend $2000 on a new turbo now, do we ??? (Until I get the hypermax with the Maddog injectors).

The guages are there to protect the investment. "We want to know if a problem is developing before it actually happens"

Disclaimer: I have only rehersed these in front of the mirror...I haven't actually used them on my wife yet. :D
  10. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I straight piped mine so I could hear it better. Drivers of small cars that have their window down when I roll by hate me. :D No doubt about it, it is loud. And bad to the bone.