Power Top Dresser

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Barefoot James, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody have any feedback on these? I'm looking to spread lots of compost in 2008. I have all the info but would like to hear from the pros on if this is a real machine or just hype. They claim to hold a 1/3 of a yard and spread it evenly in under 3 mins and can do a yard (of compost) in 15 mins (including loading).R&R Power Turf is the company. www.topdresser.ca

2. aalawnmower

aalawnmower LawnSite Member
    from ND

3. Barefoot James

the Power top Dresser has about a 4 sq ft foot print - meaning it takes up the same space on a trailer as a 30 inch mower and goes thru 34 inch gates. It's also got a hydrostatic trans - goes forward and backward.
    has anybody used one? Any feedback would be appreciated.

4. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

The one you posted before looks like a nice unit. I want to get a nice small unit like that one for doing residentials.

5. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

6. Barefoot James

Any experience with any of these? I see you do organic like me and probably spread lots of compost - what is your method or what equipment do you use. My back is killing me and I need a machine! Lot's of opportunities with the right tools

The Bull spreader looks very similar to the R&R Power Top Dresser. Interesting
    Turfco - too big and cost $7000 with shipping
    Rittenhouse - $6000 with shipping and looks like it has too many parts - too big and too much plastic
    The other link ??? was to big and I would imagine too much - similar to the turfo product.

If anyone has info specifically on the Power Top Dresser this looks perfect as the foot print is small (fits on trailer easy and through gates) has hydrostatic trans and cost $4300 with shipping included - plus it is all metal and has less parts and the parts it has can be shipped ASAP with many of them very common at mower repair shops - and it has a Honda engine? Seems perfect but I just need to hear from somebody who has used one before I pull the trigger - please ask around for me.

You guys are the best!

7. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

Here is another unit. Bannerman has been making equipment for years and has a very good reputation. They have been making the minitopper walk behind unit for quite a few years and finally made one that is self propelled. The price is good and it is only 30" wide. All metal. Here it is

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=2008

8. onebreezer

onebreezer LawnSite Member

I am also interested in hearing from anyone who has used a power r. Does it clog and is there a way to get one for less money ie used.

9. landscaperDAVE

landscaperDAVE LawnSite Member

I agree with Toni, the Bannerman unit has great construction and does a great job. Ontop of that it is all made in Canada and is in fact much cheaper.

10. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

I think after 3 years he's probably made a decision.