Power Washed a Flagstone Patio

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DowntoEarthLLC, Jan 9, 2005.

1. DowntoEarthLLC

DowntoEarthLLC LawnSite Member
    from VA

I power washed a flagstone patio encased in concrete.

Looks alot better... but there is still some tar/acid/tree juice spots all over it... The patio is under a very large pin oak... I can blast this stuff off a little with the power washer, but it would take foooorever. I have to be about an inch above the patio to wash this stuff off...

Is there a bio degradable / non-toxic patio cleaner stuff that I could use to remove this stuff?
    :help:

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

try brick acid

3. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Muriatic Acid might work, but be careful with it. Very powerful stuff. Don't get any on you or any plants, grass, etc. Buy it at swimming pool supply stores or Home Depot.

4. DowntoEarthLLC

DowntoEarthLLC LawnSite Member
    from VA

Thanks for the replies...

But the customer is a real " organic " nut... she would kill me if I showed up with Muriatic Acid...

Anything a little more " natural " ? ? ?

5. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You could try Easy Off oven cleaner (don't laugh it's a excellent stain remover) and let it set on the stone for an hour or so. I believe Easy Off is bio-degradable and water soluble. If that doesn't do it then the stone will have to be etched with some kind of acid.

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

power wash network.com the cleaner network.com

7. BENTLEY'S

BENTLEY'S LawnSite Member

Down to Earth

Mix a strong solution of bleach and water. Spray it on and leave it. Do not rinse. Just watch it melt away. It will not hurt the grass. I've been doing it for 8 years it will work.

Bentley's