power washing drive ways

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by dmaxman, Sep 6, 2008.

1. dmaxman

dmaxman LawnSite Member

any of you guys power wash drive ways as an additional service?

2. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do, but not very often probably only two or three a year

3. thegreek

thegreek LawnSite Member

how much u guys charge a driveway?

4. 1993lx172

I charge a minimum of $40, it only takes me about an hour to two hours and like I said i offer it but don't get a lot. I think I had about three this year but it's not a big deal. I offer the service but don't put much emphasis on it.

5. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge $0.10 to $0.22 per square foot depending on condition (rust stains).

6. Barry M

Barry M LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Are you serious? An hour or two of work is worth $40 to you? Wow, is the lawn care mentality really that bad?

Seriously man, I don't know you but I guarantee you are a good worker and you are worth more than that. IMO you are selling yourself short and don't give me that "well like I said I don't do it that often" crap because you did it 3 times too often this year.

Come on guys really $20 an hour gross is NOT good money.

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Don't lump all lawn care guys in with this statement. I about crapped myself when I read $40, too.

8. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

What's wrong with $40.00 :confused:
    Beer is not that expensive... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

9. 1993lx172

Most of the the driveways I do are about the length of a compact car and probably two cars wide, as for time I could probably do it faster but my dad taught me early on that whenever you do work make sure you do a through job. I charge what is profitable for me, and I believe I said a minimum of $40, meaning that $40 is a Starting Point! for a PW job.The longer the driveway the more I charge:hammerhead:. I understand completely what Barry M was saying and apologize for not being more specific.

10. FCPWLLC

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member