1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

power washing

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by A+ Lawncare, Apr 14, 2005.

1. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

new to the power washing buisness..... wondering on what/how should i charge. i wanna get into power washing docks (piers) & decks/porches. maybe houses(do ya power the wall/sides of the house). i wanna also know how to time estimate jobs.

i have a few jobs that i can line up w/in the next week. a 4500sq feet deck and a 125ft pier....... how/what should i charge for this job?

2. gmlcinc

gmlcinc LawnSite Member

3. A+ Lawncare

i'm new to the power washing side of the business but have cut grass commercially (both residential & commercial lawns) for a few years now.... so i know there's a time issue in the green industry and i know how to estimate my time for cutting grass and doing hardscaping jobs but since i'm new to the power washing side, i'm questionable on how long a job will take me. is there a way to figure out how much sq. feet you can cover in an hr, both pressure washing and sealing? :help:

4. Scottish LScape

Scottish LScape LawnSite Member

We charge by the Hour. Ladder work (if we take it) $10 extra per hour. It's a nice add on service with minimum investment. Good Luck!

5. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

Hey Thats a pretty good site. I thought is was a good reference for anyone who does lawns and powerwashing.

6. A+ Lawncare

good informational site.... wondering if any1 knows of a similar site for the green industry "grass mowing"?

7. A+ Lawncare

ladder work $10 extra an hour.... what bout for using an jon boat to do docks (underneath decking)? i own an jon boat, so i wouldn't have to worry bout renting 1... i'm sure ppl would charge extra to have to use an boat... so whats the going rate you'de charge a customer to use 1?

8. gmlcinc

gmlcinc LawnSite Member

Yet another green industry forum...
    Lawn Service Forum.com w/ out spaces.

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Last time I checked this IS a lawn care forum there kids........ :dizzy: :dizzy:

10. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member