Power washing

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by JG Landscaping, Aug 18, 2006.

1. JG Landscaping

JG Landscaping LawnSite Member

Anyone who does it on here? How much do you charge and how do you do it, by the hour? Just curious. thanks alot.

2. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

We charge by the square foot.

3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

4. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I have made $100/hour pressure washing and have also made as little as 35/hour for washing. I think most people have a set price like sq ft or whatever but I find it hard to judge like that because alot of surfaces are too different to use the same pricing scale on (being dirtier, different types of surface are harder to clean somtimes, etc).

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What do you do about gum?

6. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

We generally carry a scraper around to address that particular problem. Did a strip mall sidewalk early one morning with wads of the junk embedded in the concrete.

7. JG Landscaping

JG Landscaping LawnSite Member

thanks for the reply's all.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I was noticing today that the gum has turned into a black spot on the concrete, those can be scraped off? Never tried but it looked like it was almost part of the concrete.

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

The thing about gum is when removed with hot water it will leave a dark spot it really does no good.

10. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw an add for an oil stain remover in a magazine. I didn't pay enough attention and now I can't remember what it was. Said just pour, let it dry and they wash off. I would think if it really works, that it would work for other stains also - such as the gum. By the way, there's a pressure washing forum - though I lost the link.