Power Washing

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by bigkyle, Feb 20, 2007.

1. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

Ok i have been reading through diff posts about power washing and i was woundering what everyone uses to do it. As do people only use water or chemicals or what. I am pretty confused about what is used to get the job done.Thanks

2. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

i use just water with about 3500 psi pressure washer, it takes me between and hour to an hour and a half to do an average size driveway

3. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

thank you. that was a big help to me. Would a 2500psi work for doing driveways, patios,decks,walk ways

4. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

5. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

yeah that will work. but the more psi you have the faster you can go. when i started i used a 1500 psi and on average it would take 2 1/2 to 3 hours to clean a driveway.

6. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

also i would find a pressure washer with a honda motor.

7. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

why a honda engine

8. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

if your wanting to use a surface cleaner you need at least 3000 psi. i just use a wand with 25 degree tip, as i find that it is easier to spot clean, and the surface cleaners to be more of a hassle to move around and operate.

9. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

honda motors last forever, as long as you keep the oil changed. my 3500 psi is 4 yrs old and never had a problem with it at all, i've done around 1000-1500 driveways with it

10. garrettlawn

garrettlawn LawnSite Member

for pressure washing would you take a tank around on your trailer or just hook up to the customers water for like driveways and walls etc..