1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Power Washing

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by bigkyle, Feb 20, 2007.

1. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

Ok i have been reading through diff posts about power washing and i was woundering what everyone uses to do it. As do people only use water or chemicals or what. I am pretty confused about what is used to get the job done.Thanks

2. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

i use just water with about 3500 psi pressure washer, it takes me between and hour to an hour and a half to do an average size driveway

3. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

thank you. that was a big help to me. Would a 2500psi work for doing driveways, patios,decks,walk ways

4. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

5. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

yeah that will work. but the more psi you have the faster you can go. when i started i used a 1500 psi and on average it would take 2 1/2 to 3 hours to clean a driveway.

6. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

also i would find a pressure washer with a honda motor.

7. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

why a honda engine

8. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

if your wanting to use a surface cleaner you need at least 3000 psi. i just use a wand with 25 degree tip, as i find that it is easier to spot clean, and the surface cleaners to be more of a hassle to move around and operate.

9. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

honda motors last forever, as long as you keep the oil changed. my 3500 psi is 4 yrs old and never had a problem with it at all, i've done around 1000-1500 driveways with it

10. garrettlawn

garrettlawn LawnSite Member

for pressure washing would you take a tank around on your trailer or just hook up to the customers water for like driveways and walls etc..