Power Washing

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by bigkyle, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

i use customers water. i have only had one person complain about it out of 1500

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

We run a full service pw operation with hot water and no tank we use the customers water.
  3. garrettlawn

garrettlawn LawnSite Member

might be something worth looking into after this busy season slows down.
  4. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

People actually pay you to pwr wash the driveway? What do you charge if it takes you 1.5 hrs?

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Prices start at over $200 for houses,leavin in a few min to pw 2 houses today.
  6. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

i wounder if there is a big calling for it here in rochester ny. Any ideas on how i can find out?
  7. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a link to teh thread of the PW Rig I am building.

525 galon tank
    4 GPM, 4000 PSI Hot/Cold PW unit
    50 Chemical Tank
    3 GPM, 45 psi 12vDC Chemical Pump.

These pictures do not show it compete yet. I mounted hose reels last night and will finish up a few things tonight.

IF you want to effectively do driveways in a timely manner, you need about 3.5 to 4 gallons per minute. FOr alot of applications, the GMP is more important that the PSI.

PSI breaks the dirt and grime loose, the GPM wash it away. To much PSI on concrete and you will force your chemical into the concrete and cause problems down the road.

Hot water works better for cleaning concrete as well and allows you to finish the job quicker. I also recommend a surface cleaner for more consistent results and more time effecient.
  8. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

wow that is a really nice set up. How long has it taken you to get it all set up.
  9. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Started planning about a month ago. Last Monday (Feb 12th) I piced up the trailer and the tanks. Tuesday Evening bought the pressure washer and surface cleaner.

Wed. night, lettered the tank and plumbed it out. Thursday night, mounted PW unit to trailer, and mounted the tanks and the 12vDC pump. Friday night and Sat, removed axles and mounted them under the springs (Extra suspention travel gain with weight of full water tank) and completed plumbing to the PW unit.

Last night, mounted hose reels (not yet shown) and wound up 200' of PW hose and 300' if chemical hose and mounted the Deep Cycle battery. Once I plumb up the reels today, she will be complete.

PW is a big business, and if you want to add it to your lawn care, you can do really well. But like anything else, do not scrimp on equipment. If you want to make good money at it, get the right equipment and look for commercial contracts (gas station fueling pads, restaurant hood cleaning and sidewalks, shopping center sidewalks, heavy equipment, truck fleets, etc.) There is a ton of business to be had with Pressure Washing, but you need the right equipment.
  10. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Make sure your insurance company covers this service.