Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toad, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

If any of you do not have one of these nifty tools , run , don't walk, run to your dealer and try & buy. This is going to save me major time in this years cleanup. I can't believe I overlooked them for so long. I wish someone would have told me, so consider this priveleged information. Or maybe you allready know.
    PS don't tell any homeowner's about this.
  2. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

what does it do that a ground blower dont do .if it for accorns and sand or pine hit it with a ground blower plus ground blowers are awesome on cleanups .explainn what you use it for i never seen one used...
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I've had a 27cc Shindaiwa Power Broom for 3 years. Neat tool. :)
  4. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Eric,That's funny, the one I bought is shindaiwa 230. ronslawncare, If you live in an area where the roads are salted , sanded, ect . It works great for removing sand, acorns, wet soggy leaves, pine needeles, stones. Way better than a blower. You can make piles , then shovel the debre up. try one you will like it.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well, let us begin. First of all, it moves gravel out of ditches, that has been put there by the snowplows, in record time. Something a blower will not do, especially that that is matted down into the grass. Even if the blower (backpack OR push) would move gravel like this, there would be no control of it going out into or accross the road. With the sweeper, you can simply put it right back up on the shoulder. Second, it is like the ultimate tool for picking up fallen fruit. i.e. apples, pears, plums, etc.. Even rotten, a blower would have no control over this. I haven't even mentioned the power to move gravel out of driveway and parking lot approaches without blowin the dust all over, and having the control to set heavy amounts of material just where you want it with EASE. Edging cleanups...need I say more. Anyway, THIS is just to name a few. :) Definitely worth while.
  6. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

sounds good see what your saying .a blower can definately not blow fruit .
  7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Rent a M-B or Sweepster for the day, I promise you will add one to your shopping list after that.
  8. John C Stevens

John C Stevens LawnSite Member
    from MA

Best tool on the market, three we have paid for themselves in a week with saved labor,effecively moves sand and debris on grass,no damage to emerging crowns,spring clean up is less time consuming to say the least..
  9. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't looked at them closely, but don't they make two different types?
    Rubber paddles or bristles, which is better?
  10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The Shindaiwa comes standard with the rubber paddles, but you can get the bristles. I've never seen anyone using the bristles, so I guess the rubber paddles must be the most popular.