powerchute with toggle switch ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigshow825, May 6, 2008.

1. bigshow825

bigshow825 LawnSite Member

am wondering if anyone has the powerchute with the toggle switch and how well it works opposed to the foot pedal. was watching my foot today and looks like my 15 boot with be steppn on it by accident.

2. Power Chute Design

Power Chute Design LawnSite Senior Member

The toggle switch is usually ordered for anyone using a walk behind or stander type mower. We do suggest, in the instructions, that you mount the switch where your feet normally don't rest. I actually mounted mine above my right foot rest on a seperate piece of flooring I bent and shaped. I know as mine are size 16 boots.

Thanks... Norm

JD-54 D.jpg

3. bigshow825

The toggle switch is usually ordered for anyone using a walk behind or stander type mower. We do suggest, in the instructions, that you mount the switch where your feet normally don't rest. I actually mounted mine above my right foot rest on a seperate piece of flooring I bent and shaped. I know as mine are size 16 boots.

thanks abunch, looks a deere in that there picture, i also am running a deere, 757 with 60'' deck, is there plenty of wiring to move the foot pedal to a reasonable spot? and how much will it cost?

4. bigshow825

and oh yeah, thanks for replying so fast Norm, i will probbly be placing an ordr in the next few days.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I had plenty of wiring when I installed a Power Chute on my 757.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Norm -

Do you have any more pictures of your model on the Kubota 331?

I was wondering specifically where you put the switch, seeing as the hydraulic controls for the deck height are at your feet already.

I carry a 5 gallon bucket between my feet as well, to put garbage in as I go, so I'm already using quite a bit of space on the "floor board".

7. Power Chute Design

Power Chute Design LawnSite Senior Member

If you go to our website and on the left side toolbar click on the Product Images page you can go down and find several pictures of a Power Chute on a Kubota 331.