1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Powerhouse pro from home depot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by geoscaper, Jan 19, 2005.

1. geoscaper

geoscaper LawnSite Member

Has anyone rented or bought the powerhouse pro prowler from home depot? It's the mini skid steer loader similar to the dingo. Any info would be appreciated.
  2. geoscaper

I'm trying to compare the powerhouse to the dingo as far as price, manuverabilty, ease of use, etc.
  3. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Be careful when buying from HD. I believe that if you do to try to save a few bucks, when the warranty work is needed, the local dealer will turn you away. I think that HD will send you to an authorized repair center. That could end up being several hundred miles away from you. To me, it is not worth the savings.
  4. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

Mark is correct... HD does not service their new or used equipment. The repair facilities are normally local service shops. Here the service center is my regular dealer... so that works out good for us. Their store is 10 miles from this HD. Other area HD's have other local (regional) repair facilities.
    I did have one of these repair facilities "misplace" one of my toro mowers one time, but HD replaced it with a new one.
  5. geoscaper

Thanks for the advice. I do think Home Depot does stand by their products.
  6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Out of curiosity, what does one cost with a loader bucket?
  7. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Why isn't it listed on their website?
  8. Pacific Nursery

Pacific Nursery LawnSite Member

Powerhouse is basically the same, made by the same company, as the Boxer.
    HD wanted their own brand and had them change name and color scheme.
    Looks like a good solid machine. From the limited research I've done to date, the Boxer would be my first choice in mini skids.
  9. geoscaper

The unit is about $15,000 with bucket, and forks.
  10. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member