Powerrake recommendations?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by "Ground Control", Feb 4, 2007.

1. TomB

TomB LawnSite Member

Jason, Who did you get your Blurbird from in Hutchinson?

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I bought it from L&B equipment, I don't know if they sell them still of not. They have 2 stores now, one rental place and a small engine shop that sells Toro mowers and Kawisaki handheld stuff. I think anything else can still be special ordered though.

3. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

You might want to take a look at our Turf Revitalizer.

There is nothing like it on the market.

Seeder, Dethatcher, and Power Rake all in 1 with full hydro static controlled drive system.

www.LawnSolutionsCP.Com

4. "Ground Control"

"Ground Control" LawnSite Member

My local rental place can get me a Husquavarna power rake with a honda motor for around $900. I have never used any Husquavarna power equiptment but I like that it has a Honda engine. What do you think?

5. Jason Rose

Husqvarna is Bluebird, actually the other way around... Husqvarna owns Bluebird, yes, they are the same machine, just a different color.

6. "Ground Control"

"Ground Control" LawnSite Member

ok thanks, I know that the Honda motor will be great but how are husquavarna's? I never hear about anyone using them.

7. Jason Rose

[QUOTE="Ground Control";1725189]ok thanks, I know that the Honda motor will be great but how are husquavarna's? I never hear about anyone using them.[/QUOTE]

Do you prefer orange or blue? That's the only difference. I saw BOTH sitting at a dealer the other day, side by side. same machine, different paint. If you want it to last a good long time, get the Honda on it. The briggs will likely last fine if you want to save like $200.

8. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

look into the billy goat also its a great machine for maybe 1000 or so