Powerstroke news...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Willofalltrades, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Reading my FOUR WHEELER mag. I read that Ford is sueing International over the warranty work costs and stuff. Thats not new news. The new stuff I read is that you would figure the realtionship between the two companies has turned sour (makes sence... there fighting each other in court lol). Ford is now working on a "in house" 6.7L V8 diesel for 2010. So this means the 6.4L will only be out for 3 years (or so probably a year or two more) before Ford swaps it for their own FORD brand diesel motor. They also say that thats probably why the LCF's V6 powerstroke didn't make it into the F150 like I would have liked to see (the bad relationship). Ford now plans on using a "in house" 4.4L used in Land Rovers instead. I donno bout you guys but a "Ford Diesel" doesn't appeal to me as much as a CAT, Perkins, or Cummins. I would rather see international keep supplying them. Thoughts?

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

they sure know how to mess things up

3. salopez

salopez LawnSite Senior Member

I have heard that Toyota might be making the "ford" engine

4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

a land rover engine in a ford? that makes sense. british vehicles are famous for reliability. not. maybe they could use lucas electronics just to make sure it never leaves the shop. :hammerhead:

5. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

The story on the Land Rover engine is and this is what I gather... I may be wrong. Ford Mo Co has a 4.4L diesel they use in the European Land Rovers. Its not quite British yet its used over there. So you never know. It may work out good and Ford could create a large stake in the diesel industry with a successful introduction of its own diesel yet theres no name behind it that people trust like some do Powerstroke of Cummins.

I do know Ford big wigs meet with Toyota big wigs. I don't think anything came of it though. A Diahatsu Ford.... wow that would be different or a HINO motor in a FORD ahahahahaha please no!

6. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Lucas electrics! Thats a hoot! I call Lucas.. "The Prince of darkeness!" Never no wwhen that alt and wiring will go to hell! But it will!

7. thebobcatkid86

thebobcatkid86 LawnSite Member

I was wondering and hoping that the LCF powerstroke would make it into the F150's. I soo wanted that to happen. Oh well. I had just assumed that the LCF tranny wouldnt fit and they didnt want to spend the money to design another one. Or something of that nature. I would like to see a small fuel efficient diesel in a F150 though. But Land Rover I dunno. I was hoping that CAT might fill the spot seeing as how they have that option on the F650 but I guess its all politics.

8. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

not sure if you all heard the most recent news, but i heard that Ford is recalling all of their new 6.4 powerstrokes out there because they have been reportedly shooting fire out of the exhaust. sounds like the International/Ford relationship problems arent over yet

9. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Are you serious. Wow Sounds like a great deal untill someones dog looses all of his hair or someone looses a leg.

10. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

if you read "diesel power" magazine you'll find out toyota is working with CAT...