Practice Runs!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by alpine692003, Jan 17, 2004.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

Here is the pic. Was to big on the last one.

messed up lawn.jpg

2. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

What the hell am I suppose to see in that pic above?

3. outrunjason

from dallas

You don't see the burn marks done by the mower at the end of the lawn?

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have a sidewalk like that and the grass isnt wet you can just turnaround on the sidewalk also.

5. outrunjason

from dallas

Turning around on some sidewalks causes the grass to be uneven. That is what happend in that photo. I watched the guy mow it and when he was done I took a photo of it.

Jason

6. 1acreplus

1acreplus LawnSite Member

Yup. It's hard to see from the photo, but I'll bet there was a sharp drop from the turf level to the sidewalk. That would explain the blade burns at the end of every line. Mowers with extended wheels (as opposed to consumer-type push mowers with wheels on the deck) help eliminate this problem. I've got a 26" stanley with out-front castered wheels that is a lot harder to scalp with. It's like a mower with "training wheels". ;)

7. CHAN

CHAN LawnSite Member
    from AL.

Looks like it could be a bent blade. You dont know if they were sharp or not. Look under the deck.

8. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

alpine692003, I suggest you go work for someone for a year or two, and get some experience.

No offense, But the questions you are asking tells me that you are not qualified to give the customer the service they deserve from a proffesional Lawn care company. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to flame you.

9. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats okay..

Nah, I aint going to work for somebody..

10. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

isnt a honda hr216 a 21" mower? if it is....how many problems could you have with that?