Pramitol question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bugspit, Jun 13, 2005.

1. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone experimented with dilution rates using Pramitol?

Diluting to a strength similar to Roundup so it could be used safely in residential areas?

I've recently used it to clean out a fence row and now waiting on the results.

I was really just curious if it could be useful in other areas without worrying about the "leaching" effect?

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

why not just use ru ?

3. bugspit

Well, like I said, I'm curious.

I'm also assuming this fence row will be dirt pretty soon and I still got a half gallon left and I would like to keep my options open.

4. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

Use Sahara instead. You don't have to worry about leeching like you do with Pramitol or Hyvar.

As far as I know and heard, Pramitol will leech regardless of any rate.

5. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

pramitol is sold across the west(and probably other parts of the country) by farm supply stores as a sterilant (which it is very mediocre at). It will certainly continue to move in the soil, depending on soil type and water carry. I would not recomend it for resi use unless you plan on replacing plant material when it migrates. As far as comparisons to r-up, glypho becomes inert once it hits the soil and in fact, the labels on these products often point to wiping your feet in dirt after applicating before walking back across turf to keep from "footprinting your lawn", which I have seen several times before. Sahara has longer term controls as a sterilant and is designed to not migrate in the soil or a mix of diuron and oust can also be very useful for roadside knockdowns. Stick to the r-up around ornamental plant materials and mix a pre-emergent with it if you need the longer term controls.

6. bugspit

No more input?

Best to use this stuff for what it is intended, I assume.

7. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

Plenty of input not to use it...

Go with Sahara for total veg killer, (won't run like Pramitol) or Roundup (which you keep having to respray

8. bugspit

Plenty of input?

Apparently no one has experimented with dilutiuon rates of Pramitol and other alternative chemicals do not concern me since I rarely have to deal with them.

9. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

When all else fails, read directions and follow label instructions.

10. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

Bug, I don't think anyone with any experience wants to lead you astray on the proper product in the proper setting, the reason they feel it's now been answered. Going outside of it's label rate? I know you're not going to get any advice on that here.