Pray for Coloradoans, Cross Your

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SprinklerGuy, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Fingers or whatever you do for luck...We need it. this fire is going to burn the first house we looked at when we moved here....thank God my wife hated the house, it will be gone soon....It is quite a ways from us but if the wind were to shift to the East we would be right in it's way. Should be over 100K acres by nightfall and GROWING...There are a lot of people that are in trouble right now and I hope they all get out okay. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

SORRY I AM POSTING IT HERE BECAUSE IT IS THE MOST WATCHED, WE NEED ALL THE PRAYERS WE CAN GET

****PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THIS POST*******
    thanks

Click here to see the devastation

2. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

The news showed some shots of the devastation. Looks pretty nasty.
    You and the family be careful.

3. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone in Colorado will be in my prayers, I have friend of the family who has alot of land about 20 minutes outside of Glenwood springs, I go there every year to hunt. But everyone be careful and safe.

Kevin
    Williams Lawn Mgmt

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Any ideas what caused it? Today while driving I saw 4 different people throw lit cigarettes out their windows while going down the road. I can’t understand hwy smokers need to do this, happens all the time too. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

5. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Tony,

You and yours are definitely in my thoughts. Be well, my friend, and my best of wishes to those who have to weather this...

6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Kirby the 100K acre fire he mentioned was started by an illegal camp fire. Can you imagine 100K acres in less than 2 days? It is smokey here, and according to the paper the smoke is blowing into South Dakota.

I wish so bad that I had some body dependable to run my lawn biz, so that I could go on wildland fire dispatch to help.

www.9news.com

www.firehouse.com

Here a couple of web sites with info.

7. My sister is in that area-Palmer Lake - looks ok for them right now.
    Yesterday it was like dusk at 3pm here- you could see ash falling in denver

8. Pro-Cut Lawns

Pro-Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

Tony
    I have a Son stationed at Ft. Carson so I kind of keep tabs on whats happening out there. It's a bad situation and our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Larry

9. cowman66

cowman66 Banned

our prayers and thoughts are with you:eek: