pre em on a pool cover

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TOTALLAWN OF KY, Mar 28, 2003.

1. TOTALLAWN OF KY

TOTALLAWN OF KY LawnSite Member

yeah i did a lady i mean did her lawn and it was close to dark ,the pre em got on her pool cover will it stain the cover
    its like nylon and she a crack head i went back and tried to blow it off but can get the middle

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

IT'S GOON-a happen....
    most of the lawns that i do with pools i end up with pre-m on the cover...just need to blow as much off as you can...
    most covers are that dark green and i never had it stain...

make sure your spreader has the deflector down and if you don't have one on it get one:angel:

ant

3. TOTALLAWN OF KY

thanks ant thats what i wanted to here

4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

you are going to get it in the pool also....we all do.....
    if the turf is right up to the edge of the pool: :dizzy:
    IF ANYBODY TELLS YOU DIFFERENT THEY ARE LYING!!!!!

i don't care how careful you are it will happen;;;
    i talk the homeowner to landscape around it///as a border

I REMEMBER ONE GUY TALKED ABOUT THAT HE had to have the pool painted due to the iron stain.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow. I've seen a pool that that the turf came right up to the pools edge. Now THAT would be a pain, not only for fert, but for mowing and such, too. Here in Michigan, all built-in pools have a sidewalk around them. I don't know if it's code, or what.

6. TOTALLAWN OF KY

in this case there is that decorated concreate that looks like stone the fert (preem)buonced on the cover yea i no i should have been careful but it was gettin dark yadayada . i went back and it looks ok now, no stain thank s.