pre emerge

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by plateau lawn care, Feb 16, 2005.

1. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

does anyone use lesco pre emerge if so what is a good one to use not the most expensive one though any sugestions. and do you have an item number

2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

That is a tough on to answer without additional information. For example, are you doing single or split apps, treating warm or cool season turf, applying granular or liquid,and if the most expensive one is the best, why wouldn't you use it?

3. plateau lawn care

from georgia

two applications a year warm season turf granular form ..I don't have a license so i don't sell it. I wanted it for about a 5 acre plot of land that is my property so if i could save a little money and still get a ok result that was what i was wondering.

4. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

I use lesco pre-m 0-0-7 this time of year and once again in aug.about 16$ a bag around here and covers 12,000 sq. feet if you put it out lightly.

5. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

0-0-7 (Pedimethalin) is the cheapest option for you IF your turf is in good condition. It can be a little hard on the root system. It should go at about 4 lbs per 1,000 sq ft.

If you turf is in marginal condition consider using Barricade instead. Lesco sells Barricade as the name "Stonewall". Your product cost will be a bit higher for that.

Depending on what part of GA you are in, you should put this out now in middle or south, or by March 15 in the north. Your mileage may vary as they say.

6. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

..what TurfUnlimited said.

7. plateau lawn care

from georgia