Pre Emergent Application?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lorensanders, Mar 25, 2006.

1. lorensanders

lorensanders LawnSite Member

Should I Put Down Pendulum (aqua) , Vessel (triamec) And Surfking Plus (sticker) For A Good Pre Emergent On Bermuda?

Tips On Fescue What To Use For Preemergent? This Same App?

Thanks

Im In Oklahoma

2. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

When Bermuda is coming out of dormancy, it is very sensitive to broadleaf herbicides. If Vessel is required, use a low rate (0.75 oz/M)

If you can, delay your broadleaf application until the turf has completed the greenup process.

That mix will work just fine on Fescue, but remember it needs a good shot of N this time of year as well.

3. lorensanders

lorensanders LawnSite Member

i applied 64 ounces of aqua pendulum, vessel and 32 oz of surfking ... to the bermuda grass... per 1 acre per 100 gallons... thats how my machine was calibrated he said to mix it that way.. and run machine on no higher than 50 psi..

4. steve's total lawn care

steve's total lawn care LawnSite Member

Hey i tried that combination the pendulum is fine but vessel isnt worth a crap use bucanner 4 Qts per 100 gallons and amine 24d 4 Qts per 100 gallons forget the prem your wasting your money as crabbgrass is already out mix at this rate and so long weeds. Note will set bermuda back for 1 month at this rate but it will not kill it bermuda is tough you can pour full strength gasoline on it and it will come back after about a few days and gasoline actually sterlizes the soil pretty cool. You learn somethin new everyday lol.

5. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

You can't be suggesting that customers would actually tolerate that type of result.

BTW, Vessel is working just fine for me.