1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pre-emergent crabgrass preventer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by poudre_lawn, Mar 5, 2005.

1. poudre_lawn

poudre_lawn LawnSite Member

When would be the best time to apply fertilizer with pre-emergent crabgrass preventer, specifically for the Fort Collins Colorado area ???
  2. lawnboyCO

lawnboyCO LawnSite Member

April for sure!!! Soil temps are up by then. I've always done all my pre-m apps in April. You own a biz out here? Been pretty dry, we need some moisture but the mountains have gotten pounded so spring runoff should be great.
  3. poudre_lawn

poudre_lawn LawnSite Member

No biz yet, I am a corporate software developer. Been in software for over 20 years and am about ready for at least semi-retirement. I have considered starting parttime lawn maintenance business.

How is this kind of business in Loveland area ? Are you solo ?
  4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Right after you get your pesticide license this spring...
  5. lawnboyCO

lawnboyCO LawnSite Member

Loveland is an excellent area for this kind of business because of the amount of elderly retirees that relocate to Loveland. If you want to do any pesticide work you will need to get licensed by the dept of Ag, there is info on the top of the pesticide forum about this, but if you want to just strictly mow this is not necessary.