Pre-emergent fertilizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by RAlmaroad, Aug 18, 2007.

1. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Guys: I'm having a lot of trouble finding a Dimension based Pre-Emergent (15-0-15 or close equilivant) fertilizer with Slow released nitrogen. The May Application for Centipede/St. Augustine gave out about mid-July. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. I've checked through Lesco and nothing on the website. Penninton Seeds 15-0-15 Weed and Feed with Atrazine is my after green-up application. Could use that again but that's getting late for atrazine which is what I'm trying to avoid.
    Thanks,
    Roy

2. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

lesco in sc charleston has a 18-0-10 dimension

3. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

lesco sells a Dimension .15% 19-0-19, 100% PPSCU mini (fairway grade) and a Dimension .21% 18-0-18, 50% PPSCU mini (fairway grade). Just adjust your rates.

4. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure why you would use 100% slow on warm season but the 18-0-18 looks good. Good luck.
    19-0-6 30% slow with .1%

5. RAlmaroad

from SC

This is what I'm looking to use next year. Many thanks. The May 1 app. was simply the Pennington Weed and Feed with Atrazine and I had some crab by the end of July in the centipede. I may have to do a split application as the sandy soil with rain does leach badly. The soil surface is 2" at best in the SC coastal area. Any suggestions?

Roy

6. RAlmaroad

from SC

Harly-D and others :
    Another though was that Centipede only requires 1/2 lb/K sq. ft., which is what I applied, and that there was not sufficent pre-em (either Atrazine or Dimension) to prevent the seed from germinating. Too much Nitrogen turns centipede yellow and lasts for a long time. Any thoughts or suggesions on that.

7. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

lesco does make those blends but i did not see them at the stores inventory in s.c.
    they might get it in for you if you have a need for a ton or more but if you only want a few bags you well have to look at their stocking assortment.

ps
    i don't know about mini(fairway grade)
    elite or mini usually refers to greens grade

8. RAlmaroad

from SC

BG: The Lesco site shows them in their "Combo Products" under "Mini Particle" rather than "Standard" I'm sorta lucky as the New Lesco in TN is managed by a guy from Columbia and will get me 15-20 bags or so. Thanks for everything, Roy