Pre-emergent in CT...when and what?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by ericds, Mar 24, 2004.

1. ericds

ericds LawnSite Member
    from CT

When is the best time to apply the pre-emergent crabgrass killer in Connecticut? Also what is the best kind to use for a "regular homeowner" (I read somewhere that Lesco is good)?

2. sgtgm5

sgtgm5 LawnSite Member

Im applying pre next week. Maybe that will help. Hey, I got an idea, Call me and I'll do the work for ya...... Hope that helps

3. CT John

CT John LawnSite Member

Its a little early just yet. Wait a few weeks. A good guideline is when the forsythias are blooming.

4. ericds

ericds LawnSite Member
    from CT

Thanks for your help...I guess I'll wait a few more weeks. What should I use? Is there something I can pick up at HD? Is the Dimension at Lesco a good choice? I think I may call/go to Lesco and see what they recommend.

5. CT John

CT John LawnSite Member

I've had good success with the Lesco product they sell at HD. Its actually a 19-0-7 fertilizer w/ Dimension. This year I hope to get over to the Lesco store and buy the product without the fertilizer so I can make additional apps.

6. hamsey

hamsey LawnSite Member
    from CT

Went to Lesco yseterday and picked up 19-0-6 w/ dimension. Applied it also yesterday per their recommendation.

Norm

7. CT John

CT John LawnSite Member

Hey Norm. Thats the same product they carry at HD. What did you pay for it? You went to the Lesco store in Newington?

8. hamsey

hamsey LawnSite Member
    from CT

$16.95 per bag. I went with Plan B for the app. Yes, I go to the Newington location.

Norm

9. CT John

CT John LawnSite Member

What size bag was that?