1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pre-emergent in mid Atlantic states

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LHS Lawns, Feb 28, 2012.

1. LHS Lawns

LHS Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Due to the mild Winter and subsequent early Spring when will anybody be spreading/spraying pre-emergents.

My local fert rep said it would be about two weeks earlier than normal which would put it about the middle of March.

What have you guys heard or whats your feeling on it.

I'm in Maryland.

2. n-green

n-green LawnSite Senior Member

I have a contract with the VA DCR that says I won't apply Nitrogen before March 1. My round 1 has pre and fert so I start March 1 unless there is snow on the ground.
  3. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have usually done the last week in March for Pre M. As warm as it has been every month since the beginning of November I am contemplating on starting early. More 60-70+ days coming up AGAIN! No below freezing nights in the near future forecasts either.

I think I am going to start around the week of 3/12. It's virtually spring here in VA. Daffodils have been up for almost 3 weeks now, trees are budding and the Bradford’s are almost starting to bloom. Just crazy how early everything is happening due to the mildest winter I can ever remember.