Pre-emergent Plans

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lilmarvin4064, Jan 26, 2006.

1. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

I think I have a pretty good grasp on pre-emergents, but now I'm trying to come up with some different options. My default plan consists of split dimension apps and has worked very well in the past.

Is there any benefit of using barricade for round 1, then doing dimension on rd. 2, than just doing split dimension apps? Most likely it would cost more. How much less ai/A of the barricade would you use in this combo?

Doing a single app of barricade what product do you guys use, what ai/A? I was considering the .55 lb. ai/A. The product I was considering would be applied at 3 #/1000. Do you think this is enough to get good particle coveage for effective control with barricade?

Does any one use pendimethalin in combo with other pre-emergents?
    or any other thoughts?
    :alien:

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

On tough areas , I'll use pundulum with Gallery , and or surflan and or Barricade and or what ever else I can find .
    I've mixed up to 4 in one app.

Barricade is for mostly monocot , mostly

All others are for dicot type

3. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a heavy enough AI rate of Barricade for the transition zone. Why do a second application?

I've had good results using .375 lb AIA, single application done in March.....