1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pre emergent with low or no nitrogen?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bntt68, Nov 15, 2006.

1. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

I am from central Il. and was wondering if anyone knows where i could get Barricade Pre-emergent with low or no nitrogen? Lesco has it on 20-?-?. I want 10 % or less.Lesco said they do not stock that item therefore they would not be able to get it.Thanks
  2. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco sells an 0-0-8 with Barricade. They also have an 8-2-23 or similar. Even if your store does not stock it, they certainly can order it. If not call another store in your area.
  3. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

we use barricade wdg,but I have noticed the last couple springs there is a lot of dimension 0-0-7 going out the door at our local UAP dealer. Someone likes it.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i like it and the 13-2-5 dim .15 is great
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I inquired about a low / no nitrogen Dimension product at my Lesco last year as well.

Same response, don't have it, can't get it.

I gotta get in there earlier this year and find out.

I run a 30-0-10 in the late late fall, so my yards already run enough nitrogen for that early spring growth, last thing I need is another batch right away.

Anyways, another question.... What's "UAP"???

I've been trying to find other companies in my area that stock bulk 'wholesale' fertilizer, but I'm too far out into farm country. Even my nearest Lesco is 35 miles away.

Can anyone else shoot me some companies they deal with so I can try to locate if there's any around St. Paul / Minneapolis???

6. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

I have to order a whole pallet if I want it. I don not need that much. I tried Regal chem. and they quoted me 38.00 a bag! Nutrients plus reQuires a whole pallet also. I just hate putting down alot of N when the roots should be developing more. Bob West from the Lesco forum told me nitrogen is for quick greenup. I thought that was True- gr--ns bandaid fix. I only put down 2 lbs. of N per year and my lawns are very healthy, even in the middle of the summer.
  7. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

united agri products, I am out in the sticks too .Our dealer is 1 block away. terminal /distribution center 55 mile away.The terminal does a lot of blending orders and sometime they blend extra pallets or have a order fall through with product on the dock. If you find a good supply chain that will keep in communications with you that helps a lot . we use very little granular ,but we bought a pallet of 15-0-16 25%N from ammonium sulphate ,50% N ppsu ,12%S . Worked great this summer and the price was right .google United Agri Products and punch in your zip. There is a lot of different dealers around .
  8. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

here's the link to united ag http://www.uap.com/uap/ if their's one close, try the MEC-D, this stuff is the best, and try CHASER in the fall. the company i sub-for used it for 3 years and i loved it, spreads awsom!
  9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Nobody within 80 miles of me..... There's going to have to be a pretty big price difference to cover the time and fuel for that, but I'll give 'em a call.

I'll have to get on the phone with the Lesco rep too, since I run about 80 bags of pre-em. (I know, I know, 80 bags?? some of you guys do that in a day) in the spring, maybe they'll be willing to work with me and ship it in.
  10. green horizons

green horizons LawnSite Member
    from zone 5

I asked about granular Dimension with a low analysis at lesco... Nothing stocked and nothing readily available. I could buy liquid and spray pre-emergent, but I estimated a cost increase for this method. I'm curious why there is no granular pre-em without excessive nitrogen.