Pre-emergent

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by logan, Sep 30, 2005.

1. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I have heard that you can spread some pre-emergent in the flower beds the control weed seeds from growing. Is that true and what brand do you use. Also, how often do you apply it and how long will is last? I have 8 years as a lawn maintenance service and would like to get an app licence to add more services to my company. I am trying to take in knowledge of the chemical side of things in advance. Thanks for your replies in advance.

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you done had a frontal labotomy or whatever .

When you go to get licensed , you will learn the all the answers are on the label .
    Well , it wont state which prem is best , but everything else is there .

read the label

3. kcchiefs58

kcchiefs58 LawnSite Member

a license is a great way to start no doubt about that.
    I like to use snapshot personally. In my location I do a spring and fall app. Remembering that the pre-emergents do no take care of weeds that are already present or any of the grasses only grassy weeds like foxtail, crabgrass ect, and you cannot do anything to disrupt the barrier after the pre is down and watered in like hoeing or raking or tilling.
    But again get licensed follow the label of any recommendations that you recieve from your chemical dealer.

4. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

I agree, Snapshots the only way to go. It's more expensive than Treflan or Preen, but you control so many more weeds for a longer period of time.