1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-M App Pics

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by powerreel, May 1, 2001.

1. powerreel

powerreel Banned

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Somethins wrong with your pics. I can't get em.

3. powerreel

powerreel Banned

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Powerreel...you spreading that or pouring from bag? Looks a bit heavy in spots not to mention more on sidewalk than grass. Buy a hand spreader and save some money in the long run. ;)

Just ribbin' ya!

By the way...what Pre-M? Snapshot?

5. powerreel

powerreel Banned

Notice how weed free my sidewalks are! Notice the lady in red entering the application area in spite of the flags posted prior to application!LOL!
    [​IMG]

6. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Powerreel,

Get yourself a PREEN hand spreader! Of course you will have to buy it full of PREEN, but the little applicator is ideal for this type of applications. You just fill it up and shake for a uniform app. To stop the flow, you just turn it up side down. Simple design that works better than any coffee can.

You'll cut your time and expense by placing a uniform app and all you'll need to do is a light blowing to get any material off the walks.

7. powerreel

powerreel Banned

I have several gravity spreaders BUT you need to rake in pre-m and the drift from the grinding action sucks on the rotary and with gravity you need to refill much. I use a plastic bowl in the shape of a square. I had the famous headache so I never took the photos of the rake in (mechanical incoration), you HAVE to rake in all your soil applied pre-m's. If we don't get the storm forcasted, I will photo the site tommorow and show pics. I am a bit behind and about to start turf regs w/liquid iron. It's May and by the end of the month about 15% of my equipt. will be offline, due to service, and the show must go on!!!