Pre-M backpack sprayer rates

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnspecialties, Aug 22, 2006.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I just purchased a 2.5 gal. container of Pre-M (Lesco) which I plan to use primarily for my backpack sprayer with Glyphosphate. What's a recommended Pre-M oz. per gallon of water? This is primarily for spraying gravel driveways, mulch areas, building foundations, etc. Thanks.:)
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

First fill with one gallon of water. Spray on gravel. Find out how many thousand square feet one gallon covers. Then mix accordingly.
  3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i use pendulm 3.3 ec, same as lesco's. the lable rate verys, i use 1.6oz per k rate w/ a .75gpm tip. the key to good weed control is getting the product in the soil. what i do, since i use a back pack and can't spray (cost effectivly) 1+ gpm, i try to save all my apps for rain days (mulch, etc, not lawncare), this gives me somthing to do and the product gets waterd in. i sell 3 apps, 1st pre-m, 2nd pre-m, 3rd round up (spot spray round up R1, R2). i also use GALLARY w/ the mix. gallary is a pre-m for many broadleaf weeds, and works GREAT.