Pre-m in beds? Snapshot Illegal in NY...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Microbe, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Microbe

Microbe LawnSite Member

What can you use in beds to prevent crabgrass and other noxious weeds? I need a product that won't kill emerging bulbs. A customer of mine who is "non organic," wants me to treat his beds with a product better than "PREEN." What can I use besides "SNAPSHOT," Lesco in my area doesn't sell it. Cost is defentaly a concern, I was thinking mabye a granuel Pre-m in the beds then a light watering... but I wanted to ask first........ thanks!:usflag:

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

preen aND snapshot are the same.
    preen has a lower A/I

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Barricade has been promoting their product as not only a pre-em for turf but for plant beds as well. The bag label details the coverage and control in relation to plant beds.

4. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Preen and Snapshot are two different animals. Preen is Trifluralin and Snapshot is Trifluralin and isoxaben. XL2G is another good choice for pre-emergent weed control in beds.

5. Microbe

Microbe LawnSite Member

I'm gona look into a commercial preen.. See if I can find something.......... thanks........... I"ll ask about barracaide......... :dancing: