1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pre-M on flower beds

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turfcare, Feb 18, 2003.

1. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

I have tried a search but I can't get the answer I am looking for. What type of Pre-M do some of you put down on existing flower beds. I am about to de-weed several beds and then put down mulch. Thanks!
  2. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Whoops! I thought I was in the pestiside and fertilizer forum. I would still appreciate any advice.
  3. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

lesco's weed& grass out with Treflan. Clean flower beds put weed out then install mulch.
  4. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

We use straight treflan by Shaws
  5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive heard of great results with Snapshot, but i have yet to use any. Ill let you know how it works this fall if you wish.
  6. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

Snapshot! Works great. Nows a good time to put it out, we are.
  7. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Why not just use the same pre-m for the beds that you put on the turf, apply at the same time, and kill two birds with one stone?
  8. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using Ronstar. A 50# bag of granular is or was $60.00 from Lesco.
    Are there any other granulars that you guys use?
  9. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Snapshot provides the broadest spectrum of control of all the products I've used, but if I'm remulching with 3 to 4 in. dark hardwood mulch pre-m is not necessary. P.S. don't get Snapshot in the grass.
  10. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Most likely the turf Pre-M wont say to use it in beds on the label, thus making this practice highly illegal.