1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

pre-m on snow covered lawns

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bruinsfan, Apr 18, 2005.

1. bruinsfan

bruinsfan LawnSite Member

Anyone doing this in their area? Saw well known lawn fertilization company (name rhymes with 'lots') spreading pre-m fert over lawns with patches of snow at least 5'x5'. talk about jumping the gun. :dizzy:
  2. New Green

New Green LawnSite Member

Not from your area, but Portland still has areas of snow.. we attempted to start today and got shut down in some areas.. I have seen TGCL and many others out for 2 weeks
  3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

You guys are still seeing snow?!
  4. New Green

New Green LawnSite Member

No new snow, just areas of ground cover that make it unreasonable to apply. We had a winter of over 100" (top 5 in history) most of it coming in Feb/March.. so it has really hung around
  5. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Thats a very effective new trend :)
    The Pre-m will be watered in when the snow melts :alien:
  6. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Better early than late with Pre-M.
  7. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

....and everyone wonders why the pesticide industry always gets a bad rap :nono: :dizzy:
  8. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I expect any day now that they will start selling that as their very last application in their 12 round application package in late fall early winter. I have seen them put it down with full snow coverage. Then customers get pissed and wonder why they have crabgrass in June, july and Aug. :dizzy: