1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pre-m, Post-m ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by AK Lawn, Apr 8, 2002.

1. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

What are these are what are the differences between them, in alaska i am not aware of companies that scedule mulitple applications, but want to start, i am currently studying to get licensed and just wanted to know the difference between the two and what it is that they do, not trying to ask stupid questions, just become more educated, i also posted another thread about what to use in spring, would i be on by using on of these treatments?
    AK Lawn
  2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know the nusance weeds in alaska. But Pre-M is a preemergent herbicide. This means that it keeps seeds from germinating. ( weed seeds, crabgrass seeds, grass seeds) Post -M or post emergent would be dealing with weeds that have germinated and become plants. Some herbicides like Dimension are Preemergent and post emergent (young plants) for crabgrass.
    Good luck on your test.