1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice
  1. Holistic Landscapes

Holistic Landscapes LawnSite Member

In early spring when seeding takes place, spring clean up, aeration, thatching, and whatever ever else, how long do you have to wait to apply pre-m? I"m defenatly getting my Pesticide license this winter for next year, deep thoughts come to mind..... How much to charge? What Pre-m can be used for? Around shrubs? In beds? Saftey? How long can customer not be on the lawn for? Any input? I"m just sitting here thinking of a plan for next year. :)
  2. br1dge

br1dge LawnSite Member

pre-M after you aerate for sure, and apply when ground temps hit 55 degrees.. This usually corresponds to when the forsythia (bright yellow) shrubs bloom in the spring.
  3. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm changing my pre-em schedule next spring. I'm having lots of crabgrass breakthrough.
  4. br1dge

br1dge LawnSite Member

Pro - what did you apply that didnt work.. There are several, prem, dimension, barricade - each with pluses and minuses
  5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I use Team Pro but find that crabgrass is prevented pretty well for about 6 to 8 weeks max after application. That usually equals about the middle to end of May.
    Now that it is late July I am finding huge proliferations of crabgrass around in some areas. I am not getting many complaints from customers but nothing that a little Drive 75 can't handle.
    I wonder if applying more pre-em in June would be the ticket, I think I will do a little experiment next season but I have to do some lable reading first.
  6. Holistic Landscapes

Is it safe to be on a lawn after a pre m application? How long do you recommend that the customer not be on there lawn for? What do you mean plus and minus's to each Pre-m? Which one is the most effective? What measurements do you use? Also how much do you usually charge for a service? ON the average of per 1000 square feet?
  7. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

holistic...if you have to ask that many questions maybe you shouldnt be applying pesticides until you do a little reading and background work. The lable is the LAW...literally it will tell you 80 percent of what you need to know.
  8. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

I would start to study for your certification. It will answer a lot of your questions. It's a lot more involved that it appears to be. It's also very interesting. Good luck.
  9. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

and also read the label.....
  10. Holistic Landscapes

That was a lot of questions eh? lol..... I'm just excited about next season already... a little prep... All in all... What is the average price for treatments with Pre M? WHen your a licensed Pesticide applicator how do you make your money? Is it by law that you have to make up contracts? Or can you just service people when in need?