pre-pay

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Jan 19, 2002.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i am going to do pre pay this season... 10% if paid before feb 1 .6% paid before mar.1. 4% if paied in full by april 1.....
    what do you think?
    this is for fertilization only
    ant

2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

5% in 10 days does the job for me. You give options and time and they'll be screwing with you and not making decisions. They take 10% even if they don't respond on time. 10% is too much to give them anyhow.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i give 10% off if paid in full by march 15. the only other choice they have is to pay half by 3/15, and the balance by 6/15, with no discount.

4. greensman

greensman LawnSite Member

I use 7% by March 1. Which is probably to much. In the past I have received about 15% of income this way for the year.

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

they almost always choose to prepay and save 10%

6. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

if season paid by march 15th, we pay the ohio sales tax(5.75%) on the full season price.

7. Bret Austin

Bret Austin LawnSite Member

i usually receive about 25% of my annual fees via prepay. then, in august or so, i wish i hadn't offered prepay, because the money gets tight.
    but, it gets me out of whatever debt i incurred over the winter. like this winter without snow in the plains states, it's tough to make ends meet.

8. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: Whats up Ant? i go with 10% if paid in full by march 1 and 5% if paid by march 15. Tony

9. 7% max

5% mid

3% for the low end

only use one.

Better yet give em a TGCL scam get $20 off pre pay for the year.

They see the $20 before they have to figure what % are.