1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-plumbed valve boxes

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirt Boy, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

What's your guys thoughts on these pre-plumbed valve boxes? Referring to the "Olson WaterWell" brand specifically, as I haven't seen anybody else advertise them.
    Seems like a plain bad idea to me, but would be interested to hear from others who have used them, or just your input.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

you got it right the first time

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Don't like the idea. If one component goes bad or cracks, they look like a hassle to repair. I don't like the lateral pipes going through the box. Many contractors will drill a hole through the box and run the pipes in. makes it very difficult for future service work.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I don't care how good you are, someday that v.b. will have to come out and you (prolly not you, some other schlep) will curse the installer to the skies.:hammerhead:

5. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Well, those were my thoughts as well, plus you can't get 8 in there like Boots can, so it's just a TOTALLY inefficient use of space:)

6. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Pure junk.

Had a customer who installed the PITA himself, when we had to service it I tore the whole thing out and went back with DV's.

Only problem we had was finding extra dirt - cramming 2 DV's in a 6" left a large hole to be backfilled :waving:

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

No thanks...I like to use my dinky pvc pipe and manifold T's...

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Well, look who clumb down out a tree :)

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Hopefully out for the rest of the season.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Which means? :dizzy: