Pre-season jitters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chip, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

Does anyone else get pre-season jitters. I have been in business for over 10 years now and every year I get them. I worry about the weather and if I will have enough work. I always end up with more than enough even during years where we had drought conditions. I started cleanups today and have at least a week and a half backlog. This year seems to be even worse with my new equipment purchases. Thank god for pepcid and mallox.
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Awl, Chip, at least we are coasting off a good snow season! Cheer up! Was a real nice day today! I dug out the trailer full of "summer stuff" from the lower garage today before tomorrows rain muddies up the yard. I put away one of the snowplows, not both (dont want it to snow that bad!). I'm guessing sometime in the first week of April for cutting the "good" lawns. What do you think?

3. Hello Everybody:

Think you got it bad,when you guys are at work, I'll be here by my self & I'll have very few post to read. It's no fun lurking either.

Last year it got so bad that I made a 2,500 word post & 4 hours later no reply or nothing. So then I opened a New account Sweetie5 & made a 2,000 word reply. I got so mad about the reply, I didn't come to Lawnsite for 3 days. Figure that one out.

It's comming back in just a few weeks, I'm hoping a month? Not really, Just kidding!

You try to keep up with DJ5A, GrassMaster, GrAssmaster, GrAssHopper, David, Mr. Fiveash, Dad, Hey You, POS, WebMaster, 5, info, support, CTS, JBL, Mr., Bubba, Yo, Sweetie5, & etc... LOL, I forgot a few of them but you get the picture. Anyway keeping up with all this willdriveyoucrazyashell?:)

You will at least have something productive to do!
  4. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Jitters here big time, by now i usually am starting cleanups, but there is still snow on the ground. I figure in about a week I should be able to get going.
  5. Grasshopper go to alt.sailing.asa on Usenet and read the messages from Capt. Neal. He is the ultimate Usenet kook.

He lives on a 27ft sailboat in Fla. bay and he has a
    BROADBAND net connection. He is the great writer with a
    BA in journalism.

His female alter ego is Babs Johnson bombshell and

Another fun place is alt.bitterness where folks complain about there lot in life (sorta like osc post my market is
    toast) then they get chastised by most and told to "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" and shut up.

Remember there is no moderation so lurk before posting to get a feel of the place.