pre season jitters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by polerpoker, Mar 22, 2009.

1. polerpoker

polerpoker LawnSite Member

So at the end of last season my left wheel motor went out on my Hustler Z.... yesterday I was cutting my own yard and my right wheel motor went out, Monday I have a new employee starting and we will be full time till October 31st... great timing.

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

That's why I try to replace equipment before it starts causing problems.

3. polerpoker

sure, i should shell out $1500 for the other pump and wheel motor that work fine.

4. polerpoker

Actually I think I will buy a new engine before it acts up... you never know...
    My trucks a 2004 probably better replace that too while im at it.

5. tyler_mott85

tyler_mott85 LawnSite Senior Member

Now you're getting the idea!

6. lawnpro724

Keep the truck, buy a new mower. If you have to continually replace everything on that mower its time to cut your losses and buy a new one, same thing goes for the truck.

7. polerpoker

Whoa Whoa, don't talk about my truck... I wouldn't just kick him to the curb at first sign of trouble, we have been through allot together, I bought him to start this company, since then we have had many good memories,
    110K of unconditional trailer pulling, 4 sets of tires, 2 sets of brakes, rock chips, hes taken me where I need to go no questions, willing to provide limitless cold AC, never complaining about bottomed out leaf springs, or overdue oil changes... hell one time he was so excited to go to work we accidently ran into a couple of cars on the way to a job, nah I think I will keep my truck until there is nothing left and at this rate it will be a long time, yep the ole 250 is about the only thing I can count on in this business.

As for my mower, though it only has 1500 hrs on it, I've been through 2 electric clutches, one pump and wheel motor, well both now I guess, broken seat, numerous control dampeners, Bogey wheels, belts, PTO switch, several deck pulleys, a spindle, a hour meter, front wheel bearings, all four tires, and a needle and seat for the carb... plus I have never been happy with the suction the deck provides in tall grass it just kinda cuts, my toros in the past would suck the grass right up into the deck for a nice even cut.... my hustler i can run over garden hoses, wires ect. and never worry.

I wish Ford made Zs.

8. lawnpro724

Thanks! I needed a good laugh and that was funny.

9. Proc's Lawncare

Proc's Lawncare LawnSite Member

I wish Ford made Zs.[/QUOTE]

Ya but then they would have to call them FOLD... Found On Lawn Dead...Doesn't sound as expensive as the current bad 4 letter F word.. FORD

10. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

you should have done both wheel motors at the same time. all the debris from that motor went through your hydro system. either do both this time or buy a new mower.