1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pre Storm Pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by J. Peterson Grading, Jan 30, 2011.

1. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Getting equipment ready for this weeks snow storm.

This is my new PT80 with my New 10ft Kage system. We have used this Kage on 1 storm so far The operator likes it and it does what they mfg says it will do. This unit replaced a 10ft Arctic sectional, and the jury is still out on which unit is faster.

I also have an 8ft unit that I bought the same day, and the guys like it alot as well. The 8ft unit replaced an 8ft snow bucket on a heavy condo association route. Thus, plowing times have been cut in half on that route.

Quite the snow tool.

80 with Kage 1.jpg

80 with Kage 2.jpg

80 with Kage 3.jpg
  2. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

The ultimate snow machine.:weightlifter:
    Are you going to add a blower to the fleet anytime soon?
  3. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a bad axx set up right there, I would love to have a KAGE system, but I have no where to use it. How much are you supposed to get out of this storm? We are in the 8-16" watch for Wed. Thurs. so we will stay pretty busy on that!
  4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

keep the snow! its suppose to be 70 degrees here wed!:drinkup:

looks good J, be sure to get some in action videos and pictures of that bad boy.
  5. Danny Boy

Danny Boy LawnSite Senior Member

FORDPLOWER1 LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

wow now thats an amazing set up!!! :cool2: would you be able to post some action shots and possible videos? I am purchasing a new terex pt60 in the next few months and have make a decision as to which blade to purchase. The more info the better! Thanks :drinkup:
  7. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice setup, waiting on the jury's verdict.
  8. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I am running my 8ft on my PT60, and it just flat out works great!!!

9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

J, awesome setup, I will be also getting a 10' kage system for my 100 at the housing association we do.

how well does the unit scrape? do the operators leave the arms in float, is it heavy enough that way to clean well?
  10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Thats my question - leave arms in float - enough weight to scrape the snow?