1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Precision cuts

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by daveyo, Nov 18, 2012.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

You sound pretty intent on a pefect cut(which is great).. a core bit will solve your problem..won't be cheap though. It's what all the plumbers I have seen use to install round 6" drains in concrete. You also might need a big drill if you don't have one

Take a look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC-Y4zZ9ttg&feature=related

2. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

Ha! Funny you say that I looked for one today and nothing! I made my cuts today, i used an angle grinder with 4 1/4" diamond blade actually worked pretty good Ill try and post pics as soon i can, its been nuts lately with work, kids stuff, holiday coming up.

3. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

This suggestion may not be your "first" choice, but you can, at least, be aware of it.
    That is to take it (pavers) to a local mfg. company that has a water jet machine. They could easily cut any shape you want, and it would be as smooth as can be.

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

while were on the topic, does anyone have a good source for NICE grates? I hate slapping a piece of plastic garbage in one of my patios? maybe black or brass or something?

5. daveyo

from N.J.

Here is the picture of the cuts, just have to line the area back up but its done.

6. daveyo

from N.J.

Here is the picture of the cuts, I just have to line the pavers back up in that section otherwise it went well.

IMG_20121120_162759 (2).JPG

7. big daddy b

big daddy b LawnSite Member

NAILED IT.
    Looks really good man!

8. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Great job for sure!

9. daveyo

from N.J.

Thanks, means a lot the quality you produce is bar none.

10. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Amazing!