1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Predicted avg gas prices for 2011

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Lovingreen, Jan 22, 2011.

What is your prediction on 2011 Gas prices.

1. I believe the average price this summer will be about the same as current prices

10 vote(s)
  2. I believe average prices will drop

1 vote(s)
  3. I believe average prices will increase slightly 10-20%

41 vote(s)
  4. I believe average prices will increase more tha 20%

35 vote(s)
  1. Lovingreen

Lovingreen LawnSite Member

What do you think gas prices will do this year?
  2. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I think on the news last night they expected prices to rise by another 5% or more on top of the 18% or so since around christmas.
  3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

how the h*ll is 20% only a slight shange in price. Thats about $.80 a gallon more
  4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Does it really matter???.....what are we going to do about it?....Like before when gas prices shot up.....we pulled up to the pump bitched for the 5 min. it took us to pump our gas...and guess what??....we went on with our lives. People just need to face it, the oil companies have us by the balls PERIOD! I am not going to drive any less if the price goes up 5% or 10% for that matter.
  5. Lovingreen

Lovingreen LawnSite Member

I don't know whats wrong with some of you guys...I think many of you have yet to grow up. If you don't care, don't click the forum.

Many of us with families to support try to predict what the fuel is going to do in any given season, so that we can adjust our prices and our slim profit margins are not consumed by a crazy fuel spike. No one can truly know, but its slightly better than a shot in the dark.

And these days 20% is a typical swing from winter to peak of summer. Hence the use of the word slight...

You guys who pop on these forums just to slam someone in the virtual world because it makes you feel superior or something...get a life.
  6. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

It does matter. Personally, if the prices go up enough I may consider the benefits of switching to diesel and making my own or even *duh duh duh* electric.

After all, I would say most people on this site are pretty handy and intelligent and could make something like that work.
  7. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

it does fluctuate from summer to winte. I wasn't reading your post as season fluctuations going up and down, I read it as working it's way up to an additional 20% thoughout the year, as in if I'm paying $4 a gallon now then I would be $4.80 by next winter
  8. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

I'll put it this way... OPEC will find some excuse to raise gas prices
  9. dgoshilla

dgoshilla LawnSite Member

Gas is killing us! When is Ford gonna roll out a light duty hybrid that gets 40MPG?? They would make a killing. Ford Ranger gets 24MPG and that's what we use. Imagine if you could save $200/month per truck on gas.
  10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We've gone from $3.19/gallon to $3.29/gallon in less than a week!