1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

preemerge timing combined with post emerge

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Up, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Green Up

Green Up LawnSite Member

Here in the south, lawns are coming out of dormancy. I wanted to spray both preemerge and post emerge together but scared it may damage grass. I would like to spray Resolute and 3 uway. What do you all think?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Resolute is a generic type of prodiamine On northern grasses I would not worry, but to what grasses are you applying? I am too far away and buried in snow--can't help.
  3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Best not to spray herbicide on warm season turf that is in transition. Think metsulfuron is safe on transitioning turf. I wouldn't use 3-way though. Make sure your soil temps are still ok for pre. Not sure what kind you are using but if things are greening up its got to be close to crab germination temps.
  4. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

We spray a mixture of max rate Prodiamine and a mixture of 2,4D Amine and Dicamba without any problem. This time of year we are spraying it on Bermuda, Fescue, and Zoysia. This mixture is used through March then we change to Pendamethilin along with 2,4D Amine.
  5. chemrh

chemrh LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I'm in Central AL and was told by my go-to Extension Agent at AU that Pre-M Aquacap can be applied at the 3.1 pt/A, and the Pre-M EC can be applied at the 3.6 pt/A rate

I'm going to wait until April before I start with my Dithiopyr app.