preemergent herbicide... liquid or dry?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Nov 8, 2009.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Some guys are already planning ahead for early spring. 2010 pre-order discounts, etc.

Questions:

1) Do "liquid" preemergent products need to be watered in within a certain amount of time?

2) Do "liquid" preemergent herbicides lose value due to volitiation if not watered in within a reasonable amount of time?

3) Do "liquid" preemergent herbicides lose value due to oxidation if they are not watered in within a reasonable amount of time?

4) Are you concerned regarding liquid preemergent products hitting "off target" plants? Are granular products safer in this respect?

Please do not respond if your intention is to personally downgrade lawnsite.com members.

thanks, rescvp

2. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Seems like loaded questions:confused: Sounds like you already know the answer to those questions by the way you phrased them?:walking:

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Hi LIBERTY - I spose you're right. I figure you're a Z-Spray guy, yet that to me means you know quality stuff when you see it. Both Z's & T's are top notch IMO. (just different market requirements)

What we hate are tweakers who have nothing better to do than to criticize folks on this site.

Only reason we're on this site is to learn what's new and how to improve our operation. I say "we're", cuz I ani't the only employee that posts. But keep in mind that we're all good people who work hard everyday. BTW, 3 of us are on here now....watching, learning, etc. (I think this is good)

Thanks bud.

4. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Larry, Why are you interjecting the T&Z thing into this? I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker...I could care less what machine anyone runs. I'm not a salesman for any ride-on company & it really makes no difference to me:dizzy: I make my decisions based on what suits me best-Not what the folks on lawnsite say.......

Anyways............ Are you asking opinions about pre-emergant because you don't know the answers to those questions? In the way you asked them it sure SEEMS lke you do? Just confused as to why you are asking?

BTW, I like the fact that you make the note that the shooter @ Ft. Hood was Muslim, as the regular media has tried to hide that fact:hammerhead:

Just a note though,,, It's Muslim, not Muslin:)

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I think ALL muslims should be asked nicely to leave the US and after 30 days...we should be allowed to use them for target practice!

I am getting tired of this bullcrap!

6. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Either for his advertising agreement with Turfco or looking to pick a fight and then blame the z guys.

7. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Watch what you say...even though what you say may be true, it might be deleted by the the "powers" that be. :cry: to the right person and it could happen.

8. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

9. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

O crap!!

I didn't write that, it was one of my employees who was drinkin beer and watchin the colts get another victory today.

10. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I have only used liquid going to try dry this year but i still think it all depends on the yard it self how well the pre works thin low cut yards probably wont do good with either if you get rain in aug when the pre is breaking down guess what
    Charles Cue

Roudy I dont thing we should kick people because of there religion