Preferred Push-Spreaders

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by KJROBO, Dec 16, 2007.

1. KJROBO

KJROBO LawnSite Member

I am currently looking to replace my old spreader for next season. What are your favorite manufacturers?
    Thanks!

2. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a Shindawai works great, but was pricey.

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I love my Lesco spreader...but heard they are changing.

American swares by the new Spyker (288 I think). If I were getting a new one I would look at that one pretty hard.

4. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I like my old Lesco spreader as well.I've had it about 15 years now. Only thing I've done is change the gears a few times and the impeller once. I bought one of the new ones this past year. Still a good spreader. Seems to spread a little wider pattern, which is good. I have had the keeper ring on the agitator come off and had to replace. Getting some rust in some areas on the "stainless steel". must be a cheaper grade of stainless. Was told the other day they have gone up $20 over last year. I think they run about $370 at the present. Hope this helps.

5. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

I think I'm going switch to an Anderson spreader this year. I like the pattern adjustment system they have.

6. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm a big fan of the Anderson SR2000.

7. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I like my anderson 2000ss . Ap and sr.I finally blew a gasket two weeks ago.The shovelers spread salt with them.toss em around like a rag doll and leave em setting out in the truck overnight.we were gonna get a b and b carrier but thats just something else for them to destroy.. The one with the deflector is 3 years old and I am thinking about hanging it from the rafters ,before they rip the deflector off.At 5bills plus they are spendy , maybe the next one will be a spyker .