preM in oklahoma yet? whats your schedule this year.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by woodlawnservice, Jan 30, 2013.

1. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

When do u guys plan on starting.your round.of pre's? I'm seeing indicator dye all over right now... not sure if they r spraying for winter weeds.or already starting the pre since we r having a mild winter. If spring is wet and temps stay high weeds will b hell. What's your timing schedule going to look like... split app for crabgrass? I did one at Max rate last year and was less than thrilled about it. Also thinkih about switching to barricade??? Thoughts and what u use would be helpful. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

We will start mid February. Usually use glypho, three-way, and prodiamine (Barricade/Resolute) on Round 1. Use Pendimethalin on Round 2 for pre around April or so.

3. woodlawnservice

Hows that worked.for u in the past? U really.need gly and a 3-way? Or u just trying to speed up the results... which 3 way u using and recommend
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

I use Strike Three from Winfield. A little glypho speeds up the kill. We have had good results with the prodiamine pre emergent

5. woodlawnservice

U do split apps on the prodiamine
    Posted via Mobile Device