Premature wear and tear and bouncing all over the place.

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey pj,
    I have been mowing this church lawn that was just built in the country, so it's previously farmed land. The had it rolled and what not, but I am still bouncing all over the place and it hurts my chest ALOT. I guess it is my muscles from tensing up so much? Anyways, my mower is tkaing some abuse, I assume. What are some things that can go wrong from the bouncing? Should I be keeping an eye on something? Its a new mower and I would hat to tear it up so fast. If I eventually got flex forks or a suspension seat, would the mower still take damage and me feel more comfortable, or does it actually help reduce wear and tear to have flex forks. I'm making $70.00 for 70 minutes work, but I can't stand the bouncing all over the place. I swear I get some good air at least once everytime I cut. Thanks for any thoughts on this and keep fighting the good fight.

-Nick Howard

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We build them strong, so it shouldn't be a issue, but I would be checking hardware and such to make sure it is tight.
    Put a set of Flex Forks on your mower and you will ride better and not bounce as much.

Pj

3. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I may feel better physically, but what about financially? I'm kidding, but I'm definetly considering getting some flex fork and an OCDC. Are there any OCDCs you recommend? I've seen the Qwikchute and am leaning towards it because I haven't seen any others. I remember another company, masterchute I think, but they only make them for Exmarks. I would really appreciate any advice on OCDCs and thanks for your reply regarding the physical wear and tear on the mower.

-Nick Howard

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Qwikchute seems to be the best way to go, I cant recommend one over another, I don't personally use them.

Pj

5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

The Quickchute is nice. You will wonder why you haven't gotten one sooner.